We have all heard about detox plans. Many of you may have tried one in the past, hoping it would help you reach your health and fitness goals. The primary purpose of the detox approach is to detoxify your body from the toxic waste we encounter on a day-to-day basis, which should then enable your body to work better and more efficiently.
In most cases, a detox approach is strictly revolving around food. You eat a particular type of food, and that gives you the detoxification benefits you want to see.
But what about other types of detox plans? As it turns out, one detox plan you might consider using is a technology detox. With so many of us becoming so connected every day, these can do us a world of good. So what is behind a technology detox? Here are the main points…
What A Technology Detox Is. A technology detox is, as the name suggests, a break from all things technology. If you are like most people, you are acutely aware you are spending a lot of time on your SmartPhone. Or, perhaps you are hooked to the TV.
Whatever the case, a technology detox is a chance…
- to stop watching TV,
- to stop looking at your smartphone, and
- to even stop going on the computer apart from the essential things you need to do for your career.
A technology detox allows you to take a step back and live life how it was before all these “toys” came along.
Benefits Of A Technology Detox. So what are the benefits you will receive from doing this?
- first, you will find you are less stressed out. You would be amazed at how much stress you get from being so “busy” with your technology. When you do not have it to distract you, you have more time to sit and think – and work through anything that may be bothering you.
- a second significant benefit is time. Without your smartphone or TV to distract you, what will you do with all the open time? You may find you now have hours in the day you can devote to other, more productive things.
- finally, you may also notice weight loss! That is right. Without TV and your smartphone to take up your time, you may become more active. This could prompt better health as well. Not to mention, most people will find they experience fewer headaches.
How To Get Started Today. To get started, decide on two days this week you will unplug. Remember you can use a computer for work-related tasks, but for nothing else. You want to follow through on this to reap the full benefits.
- try that for just two days.
- then the following week, aim for three days.
- take a few weeks off, then aim for four days.
Eventually, you can design for a full week away from all technology once each month. See what a difference this makes in your life!
Although managing your disease can be very challenging, Type 2 diabetes is not a condition you must just live with. You can make simple changes to your daily routine and lower both your weight and your blood sugar levels. Hang in there, the longer you do it, the easier it gets.
For nearly 25 years Beverleigh Piepers has searched for and found a number of secrets to help you build a healthy body. Go to DrugFreeType2Diabetes.com to learn about some of those secrets.
The answer isn’t in the endless volumes of available information but in yourself.
Article Source: ArticlesFactory.com